Sunday 24 June 2012

Morrisons- 2 Vanilla Custard Slices



I bought a pack of 2 vanilla custard slices, they are puff pastry slices with a vanilla flavoured fresh cream custard filling with a fondant topping.

These didn’t look too bad in the box, but once you open the lid you can see they look quite rough. They didn’t smell vanilla-y at all, they were very sticky and you instantly got in a mess with the custard filling oozing out of the sides. The pastry looked very thick, and when I took a first bite it was quite hard and chewy to bite through. The custard had a nice thick but smooth consitency but didn’t taste like vanilla at all. The pastry was too thick and it tasted quite savoury, it wasn’t sweet enough in my opinion. The fondant topping was quite thin and again wasn’t really sweet.

After you’ve eaten them, you’re left with a very oily/greasy taste in your mouth from the pastry. This is very unpleasant! A while later, you’re then left with a sour milk taste, again not very nice!

Overall I was really disappointed with them. A pack costs £1.09, so they are 55p each, about 45p too much in my opinion!

Out of 10, I would rate them a 3. There are much better quality slices out there which I will be reviewing soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment